Dr. Aysha Aldhaheri is currently the Armed Forces Executive Director for Military Health of the United Arab Emirates. Dr. Aldhaheri holds an MD from the Faculty of Medicine and a master’s degree in health administration / business administration as an outstanding student from the University of Colorado at Denver.
Brigadier General Dr. Aldhaheri was a group leader for the first female military medical team to participate in an international humanitarian mission during the war in Kosovo in 1991 to help support the most vulnerable groups Her long standing interest in delivering quality medical services and empowering women during war time to local communities in less fortunate countries, lead to her being the first female military physician to be deployed to Afghanistan. Furthermore, she was instrumental in establishing the USA/UAE joint Polyclinics in FOB Robinson, Helmand province providing quality level of care and a place to empower Afghani women to take part in changing their county.
In May 2015 Dr. Aysha was sent to Aden to restore and upgrade the health system to support the injured especially civilians and empower educated Yemeni’s to participate in the decision making to reach peace and prosperity. She was responsible with her team to ensure medical support is continuous in Yemen through partnering with WHO and MOH. Dr. Aysha was selected as the Commander of the UAE Armed Forces Medical Services Corps Command 2018. She was then appointed as the Executive Director in March 2021 where she serves as the principle medical advisor to the Armed Forces for all health and force health protection polices, programs and activities in support of the service members and beneficiary population.
- HH Sheikha Fatima Award for humanitarian services (1999).
- The Eugenie Sontag Award for excellence in community service, academic performance, leadership and achievement (2002).
- Abu Dhabi Award for Overall humanitarian work outside UAE (2015).
- UAE Pioneers Award as the first UAE woman to lead a humanitarian team outside the UAE (2017)
Lieutenant General Raymond Scott Dingle Prior to the acting position, he served as the Deputy Surgeon and Deputy Commanding (Support) U.S. Army Medical Command, from April 2018 to August 2019.
LTG Scott Dingle’s successful military and health care career achievements:
- MEDCOM Deputy Chief of Staff.
- Director Health Care Operations/G-3.
- Distinguished Military Graduate of Morgan State University.
Command Sergeant Major Diamond Demarcus Hough is the Command Sergeant Major of U.S. Army Medical Command.
CSM Hough’s successful military and health care career achievements:
- Operations Sergeant Major.
- Chief Clinical NCO.
- Master’s Degree in Leadership Studies from the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP).
- Dr. Al Zaabi began working at Zayed Military Hospital in 2006 as a Consultant in Family Medicine & Chronic Pain Management after receiving her Canadian Certificate in Family Medicine. She then completed two fellowships, one in Chronic Pain and Addiction, and the second in Medical Education from the University of Toronto . In 2011, to improve her administrative and leadership skills, She earned her Executive Masters in Health Administration from Zayed University in Abu Dhabi .
- In January 2010 till June 2021, Dr. Farah was appointed Designated Institutional Official and Medical Education Director to oversee the residency programs at Zayed Military Hospital. Immediately, she began instituting a variety of additional trainings, educational programs, and activities within the hospital and achieving international accreditation for theses programs. In addition, Dr. Farah is a member of several national and international committees, serves as adjunct faculty to a couple of local medical schools, and speaks at national and international conferences. currently she is the head of medical education and training devision in millinery health executive directorate at MOD . Dr. Farah has always the eagerness to improve the UAE healthcare system, as well as enhancing the care provided by healthcare workers at all levels and to spread and share knowledge nationally, regionally and internationally.
Dr. Eric Andrew Elster successful military and health care career achievements:
- MD, FACS, FRCS Eng (Hon.)
CAPT, MC, USN (Ret.).
- Professor of Surgery.
- Professor in Molecular and Cell Biology.
Dr. Demetrios Demetriades is a Professor of Surgery & Trauma in University of Southern California.
Dr. Demetriades’ successful health care career achievements:
- MD, PhD, FACS.
- Director of Trauma.
- Emergency Surgery & Surgical Critical Care LAC+USC Medical Center.
Dr. Saleh Saif Al Ali is a Consultant Emergency Medicine of the Department of Health, UAE, Center for Emergency Preparedness and Response. Winner of “Founders Award”. Awarded by the American Academy of Emergency Medicine and the Mediterranean Academy of Emergency Medicine.
Dr. Saleh Al Ali’s health care career achievements:
- MBBS, MPH, DrPH, FRCPC(EM), FAAEM, FACEP, FIFEM, FFSEM.
- Head of the Emergency Department, Zayed Military Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Founder and President of the Emirates Society of Emergency Medicine.
Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Abdulla Mohamed Alhmoudi is a Consultant Emergency Medicine at Zayed Military Hospital and Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City in Abu Dhabi, UAE. He is currently a diving medical examiner.
LTC Dr. Abdulla Alhmoudi’s successful military and health care career achievements:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBCh).
- ED liaison for the Trauma System Committee working toward making Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City a Level 1 trauma center.
Captain Dr. Erik Scott DeSoucy is a Trauma / Critical Care Consultant Surgeon at Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City, Abu Dhabi, UAE, and a member of the US+UAE Trauma, Burns, and Rehabilitation Medicine team.
CPT Dr. DeSoucy’s successful military and health care career achievements:
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma.
- Associate Member of the American College of Surgeons.
- Multiple achievements in the areas of research, military and medical.
Dr. Edward (Eddie) Lance Callachan, PhD. Currently the Chief Flight Paramedic, Critical Care Transport Program, Medical Services Corps, UAE Ministry of Defense. Originally from Scotland but grew up in South Africa, where he obtained most of his paramedic training.
Dr. Callachan’s military and health care career achievements:
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Completed the National Diploma in Emergency Care, and then a Post Graduate Certificate and Post Graduate Diploma in Retrieval Medicine.
- Master’s Degree in Health Sciences, Major in Aeromedical Retrieval and Transport.
Colonel Dr. James Chambers is the Command Surgeon of U.S. Strategic Command. Well known as a Consultant Burn and Plastic Surgeon.
Col. Dr. Chambers’ successful military and health care career achievements:
- MD, MPH&TM, FACS
- Colonel, US Air Force, MC, SFS
- Master’s Degree in Medicine, Tulane University School of Medicine.
Brigadier Dr. Aadel Abdulla Almurrawi is the first Emirati neurosurgeon who had his neurosurgical training in Sahlgrenska hospital in Gothenburg, Sweden.
BG Dr. Aadel Almurrawi’s military and health care career achievements:
- Considered to be the founder of the neurosurgical department at Zayed Military Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE in 2005.
- Senior consultant neurosurgeon, Chief of Surgical Division at Zayed Military Hospital and Chairman of Neurosurgery Scientific Committee in National Institute of Health Specialists.
Colonel Dr. Ebrahim Abdulla Albuloushi is the Head of Maxillofacial and Dental Services at Zayed Military Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Armed Forces and a member of the higher Medical Liability Committee, Ministry of Health and Prevention, UAE.
Col. Dr. Ebrahim Albuloushi’s military and health care career achievements:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery degree (DDS)
- Master of Science (MSc.) in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Membership from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
Dr. Roderick Lance Redmond Dunn is a Consultant Plastic Reconstructive and Hand Surgeon and Chair of the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City Hospital in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Dr. Dunn’s successful health care career achievements:
- Adjunct Clinical Professor in Surgery
- Consultant at the UK Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre, Military Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Co-editor and co-author of 2 editions of the Oxford Handbook of Hand Surgery.
Col. Dr. Ahmed Mubarak Humaid is an Emergency Physician Consultant at Zayed Military Hospital in Abu Dhabi, UAE with experience in field Medicine. A member of Ministry of Defence, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Col. Dr. Ahmed Humaid’s military and health care career achievements:
- Dr. Ahmed commanded School of Health Affairs, where he developed tactical medical training roadmap for all UAE since 2016.
- Dr. Ahmed finished Emergency Medicine from Ottawa University, Canada in 2007.
Captain Dr. Jeffrey W. Timby, Headquarters from July 2020. Was selected as the Medical Director of the II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward) Surgeon in Afghanistan.
CPT Dr. Timby’s successful military and health care career achievements:
- United States Navy
- Pulmonary Diseases and Critical Care Fellowship.
- Head of the Internal Medicine Department and Respiratory Therapy Division.
Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Andrew James Rohrer is a consultant Pathologist of Regional Medical Examiner, U.S. Armed Forces Medical Examiner System.
LTC Rohrer’s successful military and health care career achievements:
- Joint Trauma System-AFMES Liaison.
- Chief of Autopsy, Brooke Army
- Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX.
Colonel Carl Skinner is the Emergency Medicine Director for the Trauma, Burn and Rehabilitation Medicine team in Abu Dhabi, UAE. A native of Roy, Utah, U.S.A. and joined the US Army in 1998 when he matriculated at the United States Military Medical School in Bethesda, Maryland.
Col. Skinner’s military and health care career achievements:
- Director of the Emergency Room at General Leonard Wood Army Community Hospital
- Toxicology Director, Chief Emergency Medicine, and assistant Deputy Commander for Clinical Services.
- Assistant Medical Director for the Washington Poison Center.
Dr. Awadh Ali Al Mahri is a Consultant of Anesthetist & Head of Department of Anesthesia – Chief of Operations Theaters, Zayed Military Hospital in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Dr. Awadh Al Mahri’s successful health care career achievements:
- Certificate of Completion of specialist training (Anesthesia & intensive care) (CCST) according to European Community DIRECTIVE 2005/36/EC Nov 2007 Directive No.95/2004
- Medical school (1983-1989) Bachelor MD. Comenius University- Bratislava Czechoslovakia
Dr. Saif Saeed Aldhuhoori is a Canadian board-certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who subspecialized in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. Obtained Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from the University of Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom.
Dr. Saif Aldhuhoori’s health care career achievements:
- Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon subspecializing in Shoulder & Elbow at Zayed Military Hospital in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Best Literature Review Award in Annual Resident Research Day in 2014.
Colonel Dr. Mohammed Abdulla Alqaydi is the Head of General Surgery Division at Zayed Military Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Graduated with a degree in German Board in Coloprocfology in 2012 and German Board in General Surgery in 2010.
Col. Dr. Mohammed Alqaydi’s military and health care career achievements:
- Trauma Surgery.
- Deputy Commander of Field Hospital and Commander of Forward Surgical Team.
- Head of General Surgery and General Surgery Consultant.
Dr. Omar Abubaker Alamri, MD, DESC, FEBOPRAS, Consultant and Head of Plastic Surgery Department at Zayed Military Hospital in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Vice President of the Emirates Societyof Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Omar Alamri’s military and health care career achievements:
- French Board Certified Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery.
- European Board Certified Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery.
- European Fellowship in Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery.
Dr. Marcelo Augusto Ribeiro MD, MSc, FACS, FISS, MAMSE, ACC(Hon), Consultant and Division Chair of Trauma, Burn, Surgical, Critical Care, and Acute Care Surgery of Sheikh Shakhbout Medical Center in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Dr. Ribeiro’s successful health care career achievements:
- Professor of Surgery at Gulf Medical University.
- Professor of the Post-Graduation Program in Surgery.
- Board Certified as General Surgeon by the Department of Health – Abu Dhabi
Major Dr. Khalifa Saeed Ali Obaid Alqaydi, BSc, MBChB, FRCPC – EM. Acting Head of Emergency Department and Associate program director – Emergency Medicine, Zayed Military Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Maj. Dr. Khalifa Alqaydi’s military and health care career achievements:
- Ministry of Defense, Abu Dhabi – UAE.
- Emergency Medicine Consultant.
- Medical Degree from Manchester University (UK).